Getting outside is number one on so many Bostonians’ to-do lists in the summer. One of our favorite ways to do that is by planning a picnic in one of Boston’s many scenic outdoors spots. Planning a picnic doesn’t have to be hard. Here are some of our favorite ways to grab a bite outside.
- Whole Foods – Head straight to the prepared foods section and grab a few favorites, along with some cold drinks. Don’t forget to grab plastic ware and napkins on your way out.
- Pre-made picnic baskets – Did you know you can order a picnic basket? Here are some local businesses that offer this great service: Central Bottle, Beacon Hill Bistro, and Precinct Kitchen & Bar.
- Rose Kennedy Greenway – This is a Fini fave. The greenway extends throughout many parts of the city. Trillium Brewing Company also opened up a beer gardenfor the season we plan on taking advantage of.
- DCR Hatch Shell – Bring a picnic during a weeknight concert or Friday night family movies.
- Boston Public Garden – Plan a lunchtime picnic here on the water. It’s great for people watching and seeing the swan boats swim by.
- Charles River – This is a favorite spot on warm sunny days to watch the boats on the water.
If you want help planning your next Boston picnic, reach out about our Errand Services. Now grab a blanket, pick up your food, and enjoy the sunshine!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2017 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.