Congratulations! You’re either having a baby or are planning a baby shower for someone special in your life who is. Either way, baby showers are a great way to get friends and family together to celebrate a big moment in someone’s life.How do you start planning a baby shower in the Boston area? There are so many things to consider and we are here to help you start the process.
- Due Date: When is the baby due? Typically, baby showers are scheduled one to two months
before the baby is due. If some guests are traveling from out of town, you may want to give
them as much of a heads up as possible to plan travel.
- Guests: How big or small do you want this to be? Is this an intimate affair with just family and a
few close friends or are professional colleagues and others invited too?
- Theme: Boy or girl? Gender reveal party? A party based on how the baby’s room will be
decorated? There are so many options you can go with.
- Location: This will largely be based on the size of the guest list. If smaller, could a friend host in
their home or backyard? If larger, you may want to consider restaurant event rooms or even
local museums for event space.
- Games: Parents-to- be usually fall very much on the pro or NOT ME side of games at baby
showers. If yes, there are lots of options for fun and silly games. If not, you can always host
raffles for those who also bring baby essentials such as diapers and wipes to the shower.
- Refreshments: Catered? Potluck? Brunch? Tea party? No matter what you choose, make sure to plan your menu in advance so there are little to no last-minute food and beverage runs that
need to be made.
- Invitations: Paper invites or email? Either way you go, make sure you also include an RSVP by
date and information on how to find the baby registry.
- Party Favors: These aren’t required but are always a nice way to say how much you appreciate
your guests coming.
- Thank You Cards: These are a must. Be sure to send thank you cards for all the gifts received for the baby. It’s helpful to have someone writing down gifts and the name of the gift giver as gifts are opened if this happens during the baby shower.
If planning a baby shower seems a bit daunting, it doesn’t have to be. The Fini Concierge team can help with any part, whether it’s just buying the decorations or planning the entire event. See how we can help with our Simplified Events Service.