Ready to escape to sunshine filled days, cool ocean breezes and sandy beaches? It’s time to start planning your Cape Cod vacation ASAP! Here are the most important things you should do sooner better than later.
- Choose the best time of year for you to go. May, June, September and October have the best weather for outdoor activities. While July through August are the busiest months of year, they also provide the best beach weather for those that love to soak up the sun. Fall is also a great time to go and enjoy incredible fall festivities.
- Decide on the best location for you and the people you are traveling with. For families, we recommend Harwich, Hyannis, and Falmouth with plenty of kid-friendly activities nearby. If you’re looking for a vibrant nightlife, stay in Provincetown or Orleans.
- Find a rental. and if you like it book it again for the following year! Read our tips on choosing the right Cape Cod Rental.
- Arrange for transportation. Booking the ferry ahead of time, especially if you are taking a vehicle, is highly recommended!
- Reserve linens. Some rentals don’t supply linens, so reserve through a local linen rental service.
- Arrange grocery delivery. Have your house stocked with all of your favorites before you arrive. The Fini Concierge team will shop, deliver, and put away everything on your list.
- Make reservations to ensure you get into all of the hot spots! If you’re going to make the trip to Cape Cod, don’t miss these hidden gems.
- Plan a sunset cruise or boat outing. During holiday weekends and the peak season, most activities are sold out. Plan ahead to take advantage of the great ocean views!
- Reserve bikes to ride the popular Cape Cod Rail Trail. If you’re a nature lover, take advantage of the scenic views and fresh sea breeze.
- Enjoy a picnic outdoors. Whether you are planning a date night or an activity for the whole family, it seems only fitting to plan a Cape Cod picnic.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.