Boston consistently ranks among the healthiest cities in the country. That comes as no surprise to Boston’s residents. Home to the most prestigious marathon in the world, the Boston Marathon, this city is full of people who love to stay in shape.
On any given day (even in the middle of winter), you can find the banks of the Charles River lined with runners. But running isn’t the only way you can enjoy the outdoors on your fitness journey. Here are some of our favorite summertime and year-round outdoor fitness events:
- November Project – The November Project, now a worldwide phenomenon, got its start in Boston. This group of fitness enthusiasts meets three times a week, all year long, no matter what the weather is, for free fitness meetups.
- Summer Fitness Series – The Boston Health Commission has been hosting free fitness classes all summer long, every day of the week, in locations all around the city. Classes range from Zumba to Line Dancing to Tai Chi.
- Outdoor Shopping Venues – Many of our favorite outdoor shopping centers host free fitness classes during the summer. A couple of our favorite locations are Assembly Row and The Street at Chestnut Hill.
- Run Groups – Need a running buddy? So many of our favorite fitness stores host weekly run clubs. Check out Lululemon, Adidas Runbase and Marathon Sports.
- Seaport Sweat – Get sweaty on Seaport Common with a variety of classes from kickboxing to HITT to yoga.
If you need help finding fitness or wellness events and professional, let Fini Concierge help.