Congratulations! You’ve made it through the stressful and time consuming process of selling a home. Although you can breathe a bit easier, there are always next steps after you sell your home that need to be taken. Here’s what you need to keep in mind after you sell your home.
- Keeping It Clean: Most contracts state you must hand over your sold home in “broom cleaned” condition. This involves getting rid of all personal items, trash, and debris in addition to leaving the home in a clean state.
- Packing It Up: Now that you’ve sold your home, everything in it must go. This is the perfect time to downsize. Donate what you don’t use. Trash/recycle what you can’t. Store what’s used seasonally. And hire the best movers to ensure you get to your new home stress free.
- Change Of Address: Print subscriptions, credit card bills, insurance coverage. It all has to be switched over once you’ve sold your home.
- Paperwork: Be sure to leave any important paperwork pertaining to the home for the new buyer.
- Take Your Time: There’s no rush to purchase another home immediately. If you prefer to rent for a while, do that. If you have loads of extra time on your hands, why not take that dream vacation you’ve always talked about?
Selling your home is not always a walk in the park and there are many tasks that may be forgotten. We want to make sure you don’t forget a single detail – contact our Simplified Moves team today!