We love springtime! Warming temperatures, blooming flowers and parties on the patio. Spring is also a popular time for baby showers. If you’re looking for some new spring trends for baby showers, we have a few:
- The “Green” Shower: No, we’re not referencing dollar bills. We’re talking about being
environmentally friendly. Request that guests bring gently used secondhand items as gifts. Items to avoid secondhand: car seats and possibly cribs. Older car seats may not meet current safety standards. If getting a crib secondhand, just make sure it hasn’t been recalled, doesn’t have lead paint, and that its slats aren’t more than 2 3/8 inches apart.
- The Cash Registry Shower: Now we are talking dollar bills. If expectant parents are eyeing high value items, it may be simpler for guests to give cash towards those items.
- The Let’s Get Busy Shower: Instead of spending an afternoon watching the parents-to- be open presents, guests come over for an afternoon of furniture assembly. Helping the parents get the baby’s room ready for his or her arrival is one of the best gifts you can give.
- Palm Springs Baby Shower: What could be more representative of the sunshine and warmth of spring than images of Palm Springs? Think cacti, Cadillacs, and flamingos. Bonus points if it’s a pool party too.
- Farm Animals: Spring is a time of birth on a farm. You can use decorations that feature baby animals such as chicks, goats, bunnies, lambs, and piglets. You can also incorporate hay and colorful handkerchiefs. Be sure to serve a menu of farm-fresh items.
There are many other options when it comes to planning a baby shower and we’re here to help! Contact Fini Concierge for all of your party-planning needs through our Simplified Events program.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published April 2018 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.