September 1st may not mean much to anyone new to Boston. To parents of older college students living in the city, September 1st may cause flashes of overflowing dumpsters, double parked cars, inflated moving service rates, “Allston Christmas,” and other stressful experiences. Moving in and around the Boston area isn’t easy—for students or for their parents who have come along to help aid the process. Since you often are given a set move-in day, you are destined to be sharing the road with other parents across the city. We’ve got a solution.
Simplified Moves is a service offered by Fini Concierge, Boston Magazine’s Best of Boston Best Concierge, to help manage your child’s move from start to finish. With over 10 years of experience moving clients in and around the Boston area, we can help take care of the details.
Here are just a few ways we can help
- Find and hire reputable movers within your budget.
- Book a hotel room for you to stay while you’re in Boston.
- Acquire required parking permits for move-in day.
- Acquire packing materials: boxes, tapes, etc.
- Pack and organize your child’s belongings to make unpacking a breeze.
- Donate unwanted items to local charities.
- Manage day-of move activities.
- Unpack and organize their belongings.
- Stock refrigerator and pantry with their favorite foods.
- Help setup utilities and wait during service window to meet with provider.
- Make dinner reservations for the family to enjoy after the move is complete.
- And the list goes on!
While your son or daughter is trying to balance the start of a new semester, adding a move into the mix may mean you are forced to miss a day of work, an important meeting, or an appointment. You and your family do not need the added stress. Plan a move with Boston’s Best Personal Concierge to make the process stress-free for the entire family.