People always ask us at Fini Concierge, “What’s the weirdest request you’ve ever gotten?” We often struggle to find an answer because we honestly don’t find our client’s requests strange. The concierge services we provide for the most part are simply projects that come up in people’s everyday lives!
On the other hand, there are definitely concierge services that we wouldn’t have been able to imagine that we would have been tasked with. Here are the 10 most common requested projects or tasks:
- Drop-off and pick-up dry cleaning.
- Manage repairs (i.e. cars, shoes.)
- Hire a home contractor (i.e. plumber, electrician, handyman, pest control.)
- Wait for a home contractor (i.e. cable tech, furniture deliveries, security company, locksmith.)
- Picking up and putting away groceries.
- Book travel (i.e. airline or hotel reservations.)
- Organize a room or closet.
- Purchase gifts (i.e. birthdays, hostess, corporate gifts).
- Peace of mind check-ins on homes while owners are out of town.
- Coordinate home moves.
And just for fun, here are a few projects that surprised us!
- Purchase a messenger pigeon.
- Meet the top of a wedding cake that was shipped on a bus (with no passenger) and deliver it for a couple’s first wedding anniversary.
- Provide player support to the Boston Lobster’s Professional Tennis Team.
- Recruiting and hiring support for vacancies at clients’ companies.
- Lease a car for a client.
- Hire an Acapella group to serenade a loved one.
The possibilities seem endless! While there are few things we haven’t done for clients, it will be difficult for anyone to surprise us. Our personal concierge services will give you back the free time you deserve.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.