Summer time is the best time. At least it is in the eyes of kids and teachers who are enjoying the spoils of being off from school.
While vacations, camps and summer activities are usually scheduled months in advance, sometimes plans fall through or things get cancelled, and then you’re left wondering how to spend your time and keep your kids entertained. If you need some ideas for last minute summer activities for your kids, we have a few.
- Splash Pad: Splash pads are fun for kids and adults alike. Some of our favorites include the Boston Frog Pond, Artesani Park and the Rose Kennedy Greenway Fountains.
- Camp: Not all camps have to be booked six months in advance. Steve & Kate’s Camp offers day passes in addition to memberships.
- City Walking Tour: The Boston By Little Feet tour is perfect for 6-12 year olds. This childs-eye view of the Freedom Trail is the perfect way to combine summer with learning.
- Outdoor Movies: Our favorite place to catch a family-friendly movie is at the DCR Hatch Shell on the Esplanade during the summers.
- Visit A Farm: Farms abound right outside of Boston. One of our favorites is Drumlin Farm, which in addition to farm animals has a wetland habitat and teaches kids how crops are sustainably grown.
There’s no reason to have a boring day with your family this summer. If you feel like you’ve exhausted all of your kid-friendly options, contact Fini about our Personal Admin Services. We are pros at finding last minute summer activities for kids and we can make sure your summer schedule is filled with activities and outings for you and your kids to enjoy.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2018 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.