Boston is known as a major US city that has a small town feel. Its neighborhoods are distinct, have plenty of character and are easy to travel from one to the next. If you’re not used to city living, navigating Boston can be a challenge. Our team at Fini has the best transportation options and insider tips for you to know how to get around Boston and make the most of your visit.
Here’s our take on how to get around Boston, whether you’re visiting or local:
- Walk – Boston was named the 3rd most walkable city by Redfin. It’s the best way to get to know a particular neighborhood – whether it’s admiring the rows of brownstones in Back Bay, strolling through the Public Garden, finding the best dim sum in Chinatown or learning about the city’s rich history through the Freedom Trail.
- Bicycle – The city has an amazing public bikeshare program that lets you rent a bike for as little as an hour or purchase a seasonal membership so you can hop on or off one when you please. With bicycle stations all over the city, it’s easy to tour the city on two wheels.
- Run – Boston is constantly referred to the best running city in America. Home of the Boston Marathon, people come from all over the world to run in this city. Whether it’s a scenic route along the Charles River or with a guided running tour throughout the city, this is a fun option for those wanting to get in a bit of exercise too.
- The T – The MBTA, commonly referred to as “The T,” is a network of trains, buses and ferries that can bring you just about anywhere in the city. The T is the oldest public transportation system in the country.
- Pedicab – During the warmer months, pedicabs are a fun way to travel around the city. You most commonly find them near Fenway Park and Newbury Street.
- Livery Service – Boston is full of taxicabs and other ride hailing services. Just be prepared to talk if you hail one. Chattiness comes with the price of a ride.
There is always plenty to do in Boston but sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day!Learn more about how Fini Concierge’s Travel Arrangements Services can help plan your next trip or help you free up your time.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published February 4, 2018 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.