As personal concierges and parents, the Fini Concierge team experiences the back-to-school scramble that often takes place near the end of August every year. No one wants summer to end, so often there is too much to do in a short period of time.
The first step is to get organized.
We put together a helpful back-to-school checklist for you to use as a guide. Determine which tasks you can do yourself and which tasks you can delegate to save time and enjoy what’s left of summer vacation.
- Schedule time to see the doctor and dentist as needed. If you are new to the area, we can help you find reputable service providers and schedule your appointments. Don’t forget to schedule back-to-school haircuts!
- Sort through your kids’ fall clothing; donate or hand down what does not fit. Let us pick-up any unwanted clothing or school supplies and deliver to local charities.
- Complete any back-to-school shopping including new wardrobes (they grow so fast!), any necessary books, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. *Be sure to check if your child’s teacher posted a school-supply list on the school website.
- Check that last thing off your summer bucket to do list. Go zip lining or get in one last trip to the Cape. (See our Cape Cod hidden gems.)
- Take a trip to your local retailer and stock up on reusable napkins, reusable sandwich bags, snack foods, and other basics that you’ll need daily. If you have a few kids heading back to school, you can also stock up on school supplies like markers, pencils, pens, tissues, notebooks, and paper. Hate the lines? Send us with your list!
- Schedule your babysitter in advance so you have time to enjoy a well-deserved day-off. Need a babysitter? We can help you find, interview, and hire the perfect person.
- Sign-up for any after-school activities or day-care. Often sign-ups occur before the school year starts, so plan ahead.
- Sync your families calendars. Make sure to include all school and extra-curricular activities so everyone is coordinated.
- Have your camera charged and ready!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published August 26th, 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.