Staying put this February vacation? That doesn’t mean you can’t take a day or weekend trip with the family and enjoy New England’s winter season! Here are a few ideas to help you make the most of the time off.
- Take a trip to Washington. Use your own car or go on a guided tour. (Gorham, NH)
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your partner and enjoy a Boston Chocolate Tour. (Boston, MA)
- Trade in your skis for a snow tubing adventure with the family. (CT, ME, MA, VT, NH)
- Visit Old Sturbridge Village for a day of sledding, exploring the museum, and riding in a horse drawn sleigh. (Sturbridge, MA)
- Bring your kids to the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory and learn how teddy bears are made. You’ll even have the option to create your own. (Shelburne, VT).
- Hike through snow-covered forests at Maine Huts & Trails. (Kingfield, ME)
- Have a sledding adventure at Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel. Proceeds generated cover the expenses involved in caring for the sled dogs. (Jefferson, NH)
- Spend a weekend in the city and visit the Boston Children’s Museum and Museum of Science. (Boston, MA)
- Take lessons and ski at Wachusett Mountain. (Princeton, MA)
- Bundle up and take the family for ice-skating at the Boston Frog Pond. (Boston, MA)
- Take advantage of off-season prices and smaller crowds and visit Cape Cod.
- Explore Sculpture Park on a snowshoe tour at DeCordova. (Lincoln, MA)
- Go Fat Tire Biking in Central Vermont (Killington, VT & Woodstock, VT)
- Pretend it’s summer at an indoor water park! We love Great Wolf Lodge (Fitchburg, MA), CoCo Key (Danvers, MA), and Cape Codder Water Park (Hyannis, MA).
- Start a new family tradition by staying at Purity Spring Resort. (Madison, NH)
Let Fini Concierge Help MAKE IT THE BEST VACATION!
- For day trips: We can help you arrange transportation, plan meals, and get tickets.
- For weekend getaways: We can book your hotel, daily activities, and pick up snacks for the ride.
- For longer vacations: We can take care of everything leading up to your trip and while you’re away.
Learn more about how Fini Concierge can take the stress out of travel planning for you.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness in February 2019.