We are lucky around Valentine’s Day to have so many fantastic dining spots, chocolate makers, and flower shops in the Boston area. With so many options to choose from, it’s also easy to get overwhelmed by all of the choices. Whether you plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home or out this year, we’ve listed the best locally owned shops and small businesses in Boston that we frequent during this time on behalf of our clients.
Chocolates & Desserts:
- L.A. Burdick, or “Burdick’s, sets a high standard in the area for handmade chocolates. With a shop and café off Newbury Street, their handmade Valentine’s Day chocolates are packaged in their iconic wooden gift box hand-tied with a ribbon and hand-stamped with a wax seal.
- Located in the Observatory Hill neighborhood of Cambridge, EHChocolatier, won Best of Boston Chocolate by Boston Magazine. They offer a special Valentine’s Day Collection featuring chocolate roses, passionfruit caramels and an elegant black box full of Valentine’s Day bonbons.
- Looking for something sweet other than chocolate? Farmhouse Café is a family owned, small batch bakery specializing in French Macarons. Their Signature Buttercream macaron makes the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert, but they also have fun flavors the whole family will enjoy like Fluffernutter and Fruity Pebbles.
Cards & Flowers:
- Winston Flowers is offering contactless delivery, and several of their retail shops are offering safe shopping experiences. You can’t go wrong with their one dozen long-stemmed roses in a box.
- Another one of our favorites in town is Table & Tulip in the South End. Their arrangements are beautiful and unique, and they offer beautiful white orchids if you want to skip the roses this year.
- When you are looking for a fun selection of artisan-made cards, we love the collection of love and friendship cards from Albertine Press in Cambridge.
Dinner & Drinks:
- The Urban Grape is a Black-owned and woman-owned small business located in the South End. They have a wide selection of Sparkling Wine you can easily shop from their website. Then you have the options for local delivery, shipping or store pickup.
- The Wine Press, with locations in Brookline and Fenway, have a great selection of Natural Wines and offer curbside pickup, local delivery for orders over $35, and flat fee shipping to anywhere in Massachusetts.
- Bar’Cino in Brookline offers in person dining and a heated outdoor patio that is still available. Enjoy multiple courses and cocktails from their Italian-inspired menu for a really special evening.
- If you’re looking for a vegetarian or vegan menu, order takeout from Nussli118° in Cambridge. You can try their three course special menu for Valentine’s Day or pick up a vegan tart for dessert. They are a Black-owned and woman-owned small business, and all of their plant-based food is gluten-free, dairy-free and organic.
- If you are looking for something new to enjoy, try newcomer to The Street in Chestnut Hill: Bianca. It’s a family-friendly restaurant with delicious options for the whole family like homemade pasta, sushi rolls, and Roman style pizza.
Jewelry & Gifts:
- Two of our favorite local jewelers are Irina Victoria Jewelry and Porcelain and Stone. Shop their collections online to find the perfect necklace, ring, or earrings for your Valentine. They also both offer gift cards if your Valentine is picky.
- If you are setting the mood, pick up candles from Vessel Candle Co or Noted Candles. Both will ship your candles to arrive in 1-5 business days, and Noted Candles also offers pick up from their South Boston studio.
- Find fun Valentine’s Day gifts for kids from Magpie Kids and Henry Bear’s Park. If you can’t stop by their shops, you can order and ship online. Magpie Kids also offers local pickup to save time and shipping costs.
We can help you safely plan Valentine’s Day celebrations during the pandemic. Send us your Valentine’s Day requests and a concierge will be in touch to confirm the details. Or, learn more about our Holiday Services and how we can take care of gift shopping, decorations, and holiday entertaining preparations.