We love celebrations of any kind, especially when it involves expanding families. Some may roll their eyes when they think of baby showers, but these parties don’t have to be over-the- top cutesy or involve ridiculous games. If you’re looking for a few alternatives to traditional baby showers, we have a few that you’re going to love:
- Book Shower: In lieu of traditional baby gifts, why not gift children’s books instead? The shower could be book themed and hosted at a library or favorite café. The parents to be would leave with treasured books the child can keep for a lifetime.
- Diaper Drop: If there’s one thing every new parent needs more of – it’s diapers. Host an open house where guests can stop by during the day to chat with the parents-to- be, grab something to eat and drop off some diapers and wipes.
- Craft Party: For those more inclined to DIY projects, why not host a shower where the guests get together to make items for the baby’s room? It could be a community quilt, decorations for the room or even a scrap book of memories leading up to the birth.
- Collect Well Wishes From Friends: For those that truly don’t want or need anything for the baby, ask friends to write down well wishes for the family. Collect them into a keepsake book and deliver it with a gift card to their favorite takeout restaurant (because all parents need easy meal options).
- Meal Train: Speaking of easy meals, one of our favorite things to organize to make new parents’ lives easier is a Meal Train. It’s such a hectic time after the baby arrives and one of the best gifts you could ever give a parent is food. They will let out a huge sigh of relief when they open that refrigerator door and see food waiting for them.
There are many other options when it comes to planning a baby shower and we’re here to help! Contact Fini Concierge for all of your party-planning needs through our Simplified Events program.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in 2018 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.