While the team at Fini Concierge has lots of experience moving clients from home to another, something else we are experts at is getting your home ready to put on the market. It’s not just a matter of sticking a for sale sign in the front yard … unfortunately. Here are our tips of things to do before you list your home for sale.
- Staging: First impressions are everything. You want to make sure your home is as visually appealing as possible. Whether that means putting some items in storage, rearranging the current layout, or hiring a professional stager – don’t underestimate the power of the visual.
- Cleaners: We applaud you if you’ve always cleaned your own home, but now is the time to hire professionals. Bring in a team of expert cleaners to make sure you home shines like it never has before.
- Lighting: Make sure your home is an inviting as it can be and let in as much natural light as possible during open houses. If you don’t have a lot of natural light, make sure there’s enough lights turned on throughout your home to give it a more open feel.
- Landscaping: Since most homes get listed in the spring, make sure the exterior of your home is in tip-top shape. Bring in a landscaper if you don’t already have one to make your lawn and garden look its best.
- Real Estate Agent: If you don’t already have one you love and trust, make sure you find one that is an expert on selling homes in your specific town and neighborhood. Get recommendations from friends and neighbors and online reviews.
We know how busy life can get. If you’d like more information on how our team can help get your home ready for sale, reach out regarding our Simplified Moves Program.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published February 2017 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.