A lof of us are choosing to stay in the New England area for February vacation this year. That doesn’t mean you can’t take a day or weekend trip with the family and safely enjoy New England’s winter season! Here are a few ideas that support local businesses and organizations while helping you make the most of the time off.
- Take a trip to Washington. Use your own car or go on a guided tour. (Gorham, NH)
- Trade in your skis for a snow tubing adventure with the family. (CT, ME, MA, VT, NH)
- Visit Old Sturbridge Village for a day of sledding, exploring the museum, and riding in a horse drawn sleigh. (Sturbridge, MA)
- Bring your kids to the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory and learn how teddy bears are made. You’ll even have the option to create your own. (Shelburne, VT).
- Hike through snow-covered forests at Maine Huts & Trails. (Kingfield, ME)
- Have a sledding adventure at Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel. Proceeds generated cover the expenses involved in caring for the sled dogs. (Jefferson, NH)
- Take lessons and ski at Wachusett Mountain. (Princeton, MA)
- Take advantage of off-season prices and smaller crowds and visit Cape Cod.
- Explore Sculpture Park on a snowshoe tour at DeCordova. (Lincoln, MA)
- Go Fat Tire Biking in Central Vermont (Killington, VT & Woodstock, VT)
- Start a new family tradition by staying at Purity Spring Resort. (Madison, NH)
Let Fini Concierge Help MAKE IT THE BEST VACATION!
- For day trips: We can help you arrange transportation, plan meals, and get tickets.
- For weekend getaways: We can book your hotel, daily activities, and pick up snacks for the ride.
- For longer vacations: We can take care of everything leading up to your trip and while you’re away.
Learn more about how Fini Concierge can help your family spend more quality time together.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.